View Single Post
Eilserves

Old August 30th, 2019, 07:21 PM
I searched the forums first to make sure I wasn't duplicating work, and the last post I see is in the User Projects from 2017, so it seems this never got off the ground. I'm trying to code a Gear Head for a home game, and having some issues with the Schematics/Contraptions.

Basically it needs to replicate Word Casting with it's own word list. I've got the basic class frame and set it up as a caster that uses a book, using "Flexible Book (Arcanist)" as the Spellcaster Type because I can't find a way to add a new one and that's the closest match. I've set up a few words to get started, set-up a Draft Book (their version of a spell book) and a Starting Draft Book, and added the "words" to the gearhead class via the Classes/Domains tag in the words, but when I add the book it lists no to choose from to add starting Schematics.

Where I need some pointers/help -

How do I force this class to be a wordcaster? I've selected it's own spell list on the class definition and added the words to this list but they still don't show up.

Is there a better way to represent the Charges ability? Right now I'm looking at using the Spells Known for the Contraptions per day and the Spells per day for the charges. This seems to match the way the Arcanist is handled, is this right?

(If your not familiar with the class, they combine "Schematics (words)" into "Contraptions (word spells)" and can prepare a certain number a day, but then have "Charges" to activate based on spell level and "use" the contraptions. )
Eilserves is offline   #1 Reply With Quote