View Single Post
Sendric

Old August 8th, 2015, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by draco963 View Post
Yet another new thing: a new Weapon of Legacy negative effect that I'm trying to implement is a reduction of spell slots. I haven't so far found anyone that's done that already, and the tutorial html's didn't seem to mention it. I couldn't find any items that increased it either, except as an In-Play listing. I found the field cCastTot in the srd_class_wizard.dat, but as that's an array, I'm not sure how to implement that in a script to reference only the count of a particular spell level, nor am I sure which hero.child it would be under...
I guess if you're already in the deep end of the pool...

First, let me ask this. Does this remove spell slots from all spell-casting classes on the character, or just one? If it's all, we can use a foreach loop (Shadow's favorite). If it's just one, then we have to get creative. In that case, you'd need to bootstrap a feat instead of a special because you'll need a way to choose the class and then reduce the spell slot from that selection.

So, if you would, please cut and paste the exact description of the special. Of, if you prefer, just give me a page number if it's from the Weapons of Legacy book. I have that around here somewhere.
Sendric is offline   #21 Reply With Quote