View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 14th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Your recollection is the same as mine. When we were working on AB2.1 or 2.2 (can't remember which), the shortcomings of the proxy support were addressed. To my knowledge, everything worked at that point in time, and the code for internet access has not changed since then. Both CV and AB3 use that same code, and no one has reported any problems since then.

I have no idea what the implications of an auto-configured proxy might be. AB uses the built-in mechanisms provided within Windows - the same ones used by IE. So whatever those mechanisms provide ought to inherited by AB. The only exception would be if the user needs to be prompted for something by the application, but I'm 99% sure that those situations are handled internally and automatically by the internet access API (such as the login requirements of a proxy server).

-Rob

At 09:44 PM 7/13/2006, you wrote:

Quote:
What should happen is that AB gets your proxy settings from IE and tries to send it's request to the proxy server specified - this has been the way since ABv1.3. If the proxy server responds with a "username required" response, AB prompts you for the username/password and then retires the request (Rob, can you confirm this? I thought this is what we fixed up for CV and ABv2).

Don't recall if AB can handle an autoconfigured proxy or not. What are the settings in "Internet Options->Connections->LAN Settings" section of IE? If you've got "automatically detect settings" or "use automatic configuration script" it may not work...

Cheers,
Russell.
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote