View Single Post
dungeonguru

Old February 9th, 2020, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergon View Post
I don't think you can add the features to an existing class any other way, but I could be wrong.
Actually there is a way using the Helper.Disable and the Helper.SpcReplace tags you push these onto the ability you want replaced. It greys out the original special ability in the UI and removes it from the printed copy, but the greyed out item stays in the UI (or at least I haven't figured out how to remove it). So I don't recommend it.

Creating copies of all the classes is the right way to go, but it just makes for a ton of work. Since the document says you can pick and choose you have to add bootstrap conditionals on everything that gets coded so only the right one gets enabled. Every subclass and custom class ability in the community pack has to be updated in order to show up as an option. There are a lot of subclasses and primary, secondary, tertiary and even 4th tier options that have to be updated.

Then you have to look for the edge cases where replaced abilities might throw errors. There might be subclasses or features or even magic items that are looking for particular bootstraps.

That's a lot of work for a small group.
dungeonguru is offline   #774 Reply With Quote