View Single Post
TheIronGolem

Old January 4th, 2020, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderlorn View Post
I had SOP 1.43 and just purchased SOM and Destroyer's Handbook. Now Hero Lab is not happy with SOP or SOM. Receiving error messages. What is the proper install order for with the new purchases?

Current SOP/SOM:

1. SOP 1.43
2. SOP Expanded 1.7
3. SOP Destroyers 1.2
4. SOM 1.8
Definitely update Destroyer's Handbook (current version is 1.9) and see if that fixes things. If not, I will need a screenshot or copy-paste of your error.

As for installation order, these are the "rules":

1. SoP core should be installed before any other SoP content (Expanded Options, sphere handbooks, etc)
2. Same rule for SoM (I don't have any other SoM content out yet, but the principle will apply)
3. SoP and SoM core installed before Champions
4. In the future, Champions installed before other Champions content (like Study and Practice)
5. Some content may require the Community Pack (the Alteration handbook, for example). Any such package will inform you of this requirement in the included readme file.

On a related note, I'm going to be finishing the Auspician's Handbook this weekend. When I hand that off to DDS, I'm also going to give them the most recent version of every SOM/SOP book to date for Drivethru distribution. I don't normally do that because Adam is a busy guy and it isn't generally necessary, but enough time and iterations have passed that I think it's time for a refresh.
TheIronGolem is offline   #831 Reply With Quote