View Single Post
Azhrei

Old June 18th, 2021, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekwych View Post
I have been told that a 64bit version is NOT on to do list at this time so do not expect a fix any time soon.
This is not true. I'm running a 64-bit HeroLab on my MacBook Pro with a fully updated Big Sur (macOS 11.4) right now.

Quote:
A point to LWD, any 64bit app made for the M1 processor will run on every iOS device and almost every Mac notebook or desktop sold since 11/2020 so the days of MacOS and iOS development are gone.
For most things, only a recompile would be required. But my understanding is that HLC uses a bunch of third-party libraries that may not be available for the M1 yet, if ever.

And Mac vs. iOS development are going to remain different for the foreseeable future. While Catalyst can provide some crossover from iOS to macOS, they are still very different beasts.

As someone who's played a bit with developing iOS apps, I can tell you that while Apple may want these systems to be more compatible over time, they're not in any hurry. (The same applies to tvOS. watchOS is obviously going to be quite different for some time to come.)
Azhrei is offline   #4 Reply With Quote