View Single Post
Fox Lee

Old September 8th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Me again!

Hopefully a quick question this time; just wondering if there is a way to get a bootstrapped freebie to ignore a thing that is normally required before it can be selected. Specifically, I made a bunch of backgrounds for my setting that include a single free ritual which does not require the Ritual Caster feat (my players tend to ignore rituals, to the party's detriment, so I thought waving a free one in their faces might help).

Of course, HeroLab gives a validation error when a character without Ritual Caster has mastered a ritual - fair enough. But is there a way I can tell it not to worry about that? I tried upping the allowable rituals and selecting the appropriate thing as a bonus ritual instead of just giving it as a bootstrap, but it still gives the same error.

I saw something similar when I was playing with the editor - the Cavalier bootstraps a power from the Knight, and the bootstrap has a tag like User: ClassOK,which I assume makes it accept the fact that it exists on a non-fighter. Is there an equivalent of that for bypassing feat requirements (and perhaps other requirements - never know when I might need them)? Or do I misunderstand what it's doing?

Thanks in advance ^^

Fox Lee: The Girl Your Mother Warned You About
Invincible Ink - Original indie tabletop games on demand
The Square Fireball - Where it's 4th Edition Forever
Skies of Escarnum - Inclusive anime-flavoured 4e campaign world
HeroLab 4e patch contributor
Fox Lee is offline   #1 Reply With Quote