View Single Post
Gumbytie

Old July 30th, 2023, 01:22 PM
Now that is a serious bunch of code

I should mention that this ties into the other question I had about starting languages, meaning this version is for Deluxe and uses lgLanguage, not the actual language skill like in SWADE.

Mind you, I will be trying this out on a SWADE game later once the kinks in this are worked out.

Okay, so for now, copying exactly into a .user file (have made plenty of those) I get some errors when I do the Quick Reload Data Files under Develop dropdown. All of them were regarding the:

Code:
	<fieldval field="advAction" value="New Skill"/>
	<fieldval field="advDynamic" value="component.Skill &amp; Skill.skLanguage"/>
	<fieldval field="advCost" value="1"/>
So if I strip those out, the script does show up in Advancement tab, woohoo. But I am assuming it breaks after that due to those missing fieldvals. The Advance is Overspent, and in the chooser box "Select New Trait/Ability" the list is essentially everything on the character. I see some choices for languages:
  • Language (replaces the Knowledge skill and are specific to languages. The player chooses the language known, which indicates the ability to speak, read, and write the language.)
  • Language Slots (- no description -)
  • Languages (select this adjustment to apply a bonus/penalty to your number of languages.)

But damn, right out that gate, Cape, that is a pretty awesome start. So I will kick it around and muddle but you may have some thoughts as well.
Gumbytie is offline   #3 Reply With Quote