View Single Post
JustinThomason

Old July 21st, 2019, 10:26 AM
I've been using Realm Works since release, but I've really only used it to manage fairly specific campaigns. Specifically I've used it by copy/pasting out of adventure path pdfs. I'm looking to start my group in Eberron, and my intention is to build a master realm with the canon material from the source books, but with the intention of importing that into a new realm for each Eberron campaign I start up.

Since I haven't leveraged the import/export functions too much, I want to make sure I'm not going to paint myself into a corner before I start entering a lot of data. I'm hoping someone with more experience using these functions can let me know if my basic strategy will work.

I intend to start out putting in basic world information into a master realm. When I start a campaign, I'll export the master realm and import it to create the new campaign realm. I know the master realm will be a LOOOOOOOONG term project, so as I add info to the master realm, I'm intending to re-export to bring the new information into the individual campaign realms.

Mostly I want to make sure that I understand how the import/export function works. My understanding is following the above process will mean that any new topics or snippets added to the master realm since the last import will be added to the campaign realm without overwriting or removing any changes made to the campaign realm. Is that correct? Does anyone have a better strategy for this sort of application in Realm Works?

Thanks for any input. I'm still conceptualizing how I want to organize the material, so I haven't started data entry yet. I figured it was the best time to do a quick check to make sure I wasn't going down a blind alley.
JustinThomason is offline   #1 Reply With Quote