View Single Post
meek75

Old July 10th, 2020, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
As much as I have enjoyed and benefit from RealmWorks and still use it to a degree, I don't see how they come back to it. Too many competing products being actively developed.

Frog God Games just put their Lost Lands setting into World Anvil and I'm gobsmacked. It is a wonderful experience. For building your own worlds WA is pretty darn good as well.

Where it severely lacks is that you cannot easily integrate third-party content into your own world and campaigns. Lone Wolf Development struggled with this issue for years with Realm Works and it is so disappointing that just after they solved the issue, they had to give up on the project.

As I start to run my campaigns using other tools and fire up less and less, I just don't see myself going back to RW. Maybe if HLO brings enough revenue they can take what they learned with RW and build an online tool that integrates with HLO, which can compete with other campaign management solutions, but they lost their edge and it will be hard to catch up to the point where I would want to make ANOTHER costly and time-consuming change of campaign management tools to go back to them.
I agree totally with your sentiments. I am not sure where I am going to invest, but it won't be LWD. They have destroyed my faith in them. Please don't misunderstand, I think Rob and the crew are all great people and wish them well, but my RW experience makes me lack trust in their promises and ability to follow-through. In fact, I hesitate to put that much work into data entry with any application at this point. For now I use basic Google files for my in-person game and use the VTT for all else.
meek75 is offline   #29 Reply With Quote