View Single Post
Shadowchaser

Old March 22nd, 2021, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
OK, this level of activity is in the Editor (Tools Menu). Generally, players are not allowed to edit Races. That's the GM's job, and that's why it's not a regular tab. Races are not edited often, just at the start of a campaign and then they are rarely touched again. So, no, there's not a player-friendly Race editor. Players don't generally get to define their own Races. Now, there's nothing stopping players from using the Editor...

There's not a limit set on how much a Race can have, but it does provide a running total.
Not to be argumentative, but it's totally a player-facing rule in the book.

Under "Breaking the Mold" on page 17 of SWADE, the first sentence is: "The racial arcetypes presented here are iconic of their usual appearance in fantasy and science fiction, but *players and Game Masters* should feel free to break the tropes if they fit your particular setting." (Emphasis mine)
Further, on the next page, "Making Races" starts with: "Game Masters and players who want to make their own races (or cultural archetypes) can use the system below."

This rule is meant for both GMs and players to use. It shouldn't be locked away behind a GM-only function in the software.

Anyway, if the players don't have access to the editor, and I'd have to do all the work, this probably won't work for me as a tool. Which is a shame, because I'd much rather be able to save my files as portfolios and edit them over time rather than only be able to output them as PDFs from Savaged.us's website... but their system lets players easily create custom race packages.

James Dawsey

Vigilance Press at DriveThruRPG.com

The Vigilance Press Podcast

My Art on Deviant Art
Shadowchaser is offline   #209 Reply With Quote