View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 8th, 2015, 10:43 AM
First it would be easier to answer your questions if you asked one at a time and focused on a single issue. The above is sort of "train of thought" writing which at least for me is very hard to decipher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wyrm Ouroboros View Post
I'm not getting its attack sequence (either standard melee attacks OR the monk's flurry) to show in the summary windows. While it's certainly on display on the item itself in the weapons tab, it'd be nice to have it showing in the summary windows. The code is below; what am I doing wrong, and/or how can I make this work?
My assumption is the deleting and merging tags at Final/10010 that maybe causing it to not display correctly on the Summary window. That is my best guess right now without actually adding this to a user file. Ug only now see you say you fixed this....

Quote:
Still not getting the 'Hand slot' thing to work, though; tried using this little bit ...
Code:
    <tag group="Hero" tag="EqpHand" name="Hand" abbrev="Hand"/>
... but when used as part of a magical weapon, when equipped in the main hand it howled bloody murder. :/

... aaand also, when used as part of a magical weapon, it doesn't return the monk's improved damage. Grr.

It would also be good if, when it was equipped, it took up the 'Hands' Wondrous Items slot, but I can take or leave that ...
So a wondrous item is pushing that Hero.EqpHand tag to the hero. So you simply need to do the same thing but manually. I would do it pretty early at like First/10000:
Code:
perform hero.assign[Hero.EqpHand]
This will cause an error for other wondrous items when it counts more than one one EqpHand tag.

Quote:
The battlefist (and armblade, and armbow) are attachments for the warforged. Now, they're listed as Wondrous Items, taking up the Hands slot (which I don't necessarily agree with, but let's let that pass, because it can lead to nasty things), but clearly at least the battlefist and the armblade should be able to be enchanted as standard weapons, as compared to the double-cost amulet of mighty fists. However, when I try to build the battlefist as a weapon, I run into a problem.
I could most likely add a custom version of Battlefist/armblade that would allow them to be easily enchanted or modified with Item Powers. Maybe I can do that before the next release. Will have to see.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote