View Single Post
Arkadious

Old July 30th, 2022, 02:03 PM
Does anyone know the name / priority of the script that calculates the player's level and determines how much wealth the player should have for it?

From what I can tell without finding it, the script calculates a PCs/NPCs level by looking at the number of class tags they have, but without knowing the name of the script or the variable it saves the number to, I'm kinda stuck.

For context, I'm using an edited version of the gestalt addon. I have 9 "classes" added (3 gestalt, 3 of class 1, 3 of class 2) in the correct order, but since only the gestalt classes should calculate towards the wealth limit I need to edit the calculated number.

What I've done is commented out a part of the code that "clears all the class tags and then adds an equivalent number of gestalt class tags". When you select a class using the gestalt class picker, another part has been commented out that pulls the class tags from the picker. The result is a hero calculated to have the same number of levels as the original gestalt addon, that correctly calculates level for all fields such as pre-requisites, skills, ability score increases, feats, etc., and works for characters above level 20.

The downside is that it incorrectly calculates the amount of levels they have for the purposes of calculating wealth as shown in both picture below.

Last edited by Arkadious; July 30th, 2022 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Clarification
Arkadious is offline   #1 Reply With Quote