View Single Post
Sendric

Old June 1st, 2013, 09:43 AM
I have received a report about Ability Focus not being able to select certain abilities (such as the Hexblade's Dire Hex ability). Taking a look at the Ability Focus feat, it appears it selects abilities on the character that have the tag User.PickFocus. This can easily be added to any ability in the editor, for those comfortable with doing so. When you find the ability in the editor (ie Dire Hexblade's Curse is located in Complete Warrior Compile.user in the Class Special tab), click on the Tags button in the upper right corner. Click to add another tag, then in Group Id put 'User' and in Tag Id put 'PickFocus'.

Unfortunately, at this moment, all this will do is make the item selectable. It does not guarantee that the DC of the selected ability will be increased. I need to take a closer look at how the Ability Focus feat is handling that. I will also be working on going through all the classes and making sure all class abilities can be selected so that this feat can be used for anyone. Sorry to have missed this in the last release.
Sendric is offline   #157 Reply With Quote