View Single Post
thaX

Old April 15th, 2020, 07:28 AM
To be fair, the program of HLC does have some limitations that had work arounds, such as splitting some feats to what choices the character would choose.

It isn't to the point where Etools was when it was yanked out of that company's hands, but if PF1 would have continued with added classes and weird mechanics (like the kineticist), HLC would eventually have to evolve to handle it.

The new App (HLO) is different, with a slightly different purpose and more interactive than the program. The Campaign Theater is a lofty and useful tool, but limited to those that are the game masters for the most part. To that end, though, I believe the product overall will surpass the program's original limitations and have a better and faster interaction once PF1 and other systems migrate to it's domain. The active nature of the character in play is better evolved than the In Play tab in the program, and the App is being improved more and more.

Overall, the App is still not on par with the original Program, but it is improved to a point that I myself am thinking about a purchase. I doubt we get user content in the same manor as the program, as the App is on a server somewhere and not really available for the user to define. My thought is that some sort of User Adjustments could be implemented in some way, but the nature of the App limits how it could be done.

The best example is The World is Square rules adjustment change regarding the Feat Tax elimination. Would it need to be a separate user created (Free) license, or adjusted somehow for each character that would use it? When PF1 is brought over, will there be a way for this to be a choice for the character from user input? This is the quandary and the App needs to keep this content separate from the actual set content on the server as these adjustments are made for the characters. I doubt that this was an overwhelming concern when the choice was made to go Online, with the App being more than the simply character creation aid and tracker.
thaX is offline   #60 Reply With Quote