View Single Post
Nightstar

Old April 13th, 2020, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
In other words, you want us to rewrite 70% of the application using a different platform model. Unfortunately, that isn't a viable option for the exact same reasons I already outlined earlier in this thread.
Yes, I think a lot of people do want this. I've been browsing other forums, such as Paizo, and the number of threads complaining about the lack of customization and the need to be online 24/7 to use HLO is rather frequent when looking for Hero Lab posts. As is the lamentations of HLC not supporting PF2 and SF. So many people on other forums and people I've talked to in person, have echoed these same complaints, just as they have in this thread.

And many of these people claim they can't support HL any longer... Many, like myself, have spent hundreds on HLC and used it extensively for years. I guess maybe it sort of feels like a slap in the face for the old users that loved and supported HLC, but can no longer use it if they want to play PF2 or SF. Hell, I would spend hours everyday with the editor, adding custom content like the Genius Guide to Death Knights. Can I do that in HLO? NO.

Maybe I'm just getting old, or don't play on groups where people use their laptops/phones for everything at the game table... Perhaps I'm a tabletop dinosaur, like many others I've seen on the forums, and we should be ignored because we're not the future. But I would wager that if you brought PF2 and SF to HLC, you would see a jump in sells. Especially if HLO and HLC could be linked.

But that's just my two copper from a gaming dinosaur...
Nightstar is offline   #55 Reply With Quote