View Single Post
Valdacil

Old February 9th, 2019, 11:31 AM
I personally have a kineticist and one of my players has a kineticist in the Mummy's Mask campaign I am running. He constantly says things like, "I'll use a maximized chain thundering lightning blast" and as GM I don't have the time to calculate out the burn cost for that to confirm he is not miscalculating things. To make matters worse, we play Gestalt, so the InPlay tab is full of options. I don't believe the selections on InPlay throw errors if you select more than on form infusion or more than one substance infusion. I solved this a little by renaming all infusions so they sort on the InPlay tab, but the idea of this configurator is to give a tab dedicated to Blasts so high level players (honestly, at level 6 you don't yet have enough options to see why this is needed; I agree I didn't realize this need until higher level) can easily select their choices for blast without sifting through the other unrelated selections that may be on the InPlay tab. Once you have a second element, 2 simple blasts, a composite blast, infusions that work with some blasts but not others, and multiple metamagic choices the need for something to summarize valid combinations will be more apparent.

If I cannot clear the selection, can I make it as invalid (red) if an invalid selection is selected? I'll also use code to check for a valid selection selected and code around not including that cost if it isn't valid, but the visual would he helpful.

Last edited by Valdacil; February 9th, 2019 at 11:35 AM.
Valdacil is offline   #3 Reply With Quote