View Single Post
DeathSheep

Old October 27th, 2021, 01:43 PM
I am trying to create a barbarian-like ability where you can choose three damage types, and when you are raging, you have resistance to them. I think I'm on the right track in terms of coding, but when I test the power, the dropdown has a ton of stuff but not the damage types. Additionally I only see 2 dropdowns. I'm sure it is something simple like having the wrong tag name, but I don't know exactly what to use. Here is the code:

Code:
  <thing id="cBerPRDewbInst" name="Dewback&apos;s Instinct" description="Choose three damage types other than true damage. While raging, you have resistance to the chosen damage types." compset="CustomSpec" uniqueness="unique">
    <fieldval field="usrCandid1" value="component.DamageType &amp; (dType.Acid|dType.Cold|dType.Fire|dType.PRForce|dType.PRIon||dType.Lightning|dType.Necrotic|dType.Poison|dType.Psychic|dType.PRSonic) &amp; !Helper.Helper"/>
    <fieldval field="usrCandid2" value="component.DamageType &amp; (dType.Acid|dType.Cold|dType.Fire|dType.PRForce|dType.PRIon||dType.Lightning|dType.Necrotic|dType.Poison|dType.Psychic|dType.PRSonic) &amp; !Helper.Helper"/>
    <fieldval field="usrCandid3" value="component.DamageType &amp; (dType.Acid|dType.Cold|dType.Fire|dType.PRForce|dType.PRIon||dType.Lightning|dType.Necrotic|dType.Poison|dType.Psychic|dType.PRSonic) &amp; !Helper.Helper"/>
    <tag group="Helper" tag="Primary"/>
    <tag group="abCategory" tag="BersInstinct"/>
    <tag group="abRange" tag="Personal"/>
    <tag group="abDuration" tag="ConstRage"/>
    <tag group="SpecSource" tag="cHelpBrs"/>
    <tag group="Helper" tag="Helper"/>
    <tag group="Helper" tag="Free"/>
    <eval phase="First" index="3"><![CDATA[
       doneif (hero.tagis[Hero.Raging] = 0)

doneif (tagis[Helper.Disable] <> 0)

~ If nothing chosen then get out now!
      doneif (field[usrChosen1].ischosen = 0)
      doneif (field[usrChosen2].ischosen = 0)
      doneif (field[usrChosen3].ischosen = 0)

~ Collect selected types of damage and pull the Resistance tags from them.
      perform field[usrChosen1].chosen.pulltags[DamageRes.?]
      perform field[usrChosen2].chosen.pulltags[DamageRes.?]
      perform field[usrChosen3].chosen.pulltags[DamageRes.?]

perform forward[DamageRes.?]]]></eval>
    </thing>
Any suggestions as to what I'm missing would be appreciated!
DeathSheep is offline   #1 Reply With Quote