View Single Post
Paris.Crenshaw

Old March 12th, 2015, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Yep you are correct Sir! I just figured that out as I was playing in HL. If this is the Amulet of Grasping Souls I went a different way with the weight. I actually set the Encumbrance Strength to be the "Cha" score so that it is correct to the Text.

Pre-Attributes/10000
Code:
      ~ If not equipped get out now!
      doneif (field[gIsEquip].value = 0)
      ~ Only process if we are incorporeal
      doneif (#hassubtype[stIncorpor] = 0)

~ Set our Encubrance Strength to be our Charisma
      herofield[tEncumSTR].value += 10 + hero.child[aCHA].field[aStartMod].value

~ Find all gear items and give the Ghost Touch ability
      ~ so that these items can be worn without errors.
      foreach pick in hero from MyGear
        perform eachpick.assign[Ability.iGhostTch]
      nexteach
I am still working on the the part for Corporeal creatures weapon gizmos are being a pain...
Wow. I can't believe I missed that line. Setting the encumberance to key off of Charisma makes perfect sense. Unfortunately, there's something really weird going on. When I use your script and engage the corporeal form ability, the character's encumberance limit goes WAY up, as though the character's Strength and Charisma are being added together to calculate encumbrance. Additionally, using only the aStartMod tag means that if an incorporeal creature that owns both an amulet of grasping souls and a headband of alluring charisma won't be able to benefit from the increased Charisma bonus. Similarly, other sources of increased Charisma won't be factored in, either.

I think there is also a problem with the #hasability or #hassubtype macros. They don't appear to be working.

Is it possible that these scripts are being executed too early? I'm not sure when the subtype and incorporeal abilities show up, but the scripts seem to be applying the changes whether the creature is corporeal or not.
Paris.Crenshaw is offline   #16 Reply With Quote