View Single Post
ploturo

Old April 23rd, 2022, 10:55 PM
The answer to the first three bullet-point questions is definitely yes (although the mechanics for weight are different between 3.5 and Pathfinder since pathfinder uses a fixed weight multiplier).

The ability score modifiers (and/or options to choose modifiers) come from bootstrapped racial abilities that can be "replaced" just like any other racial ability.

Both the starting languages and height/weight randomization for a race are stored as tags on the race pick, so you can change those by deleting the existing ones from the race pick on the hero and adding back the correct ones for the sub race. You can add any race to the hero and check out the tags on it with the "Show Selection Tags" option from the debug info windows to check out the tags.

The minimum starting height and weight for each gender are stored in fields on that same race pick, which you can check out with the "Show Selection fields" info window.

I'm not sure what you mean by "singular alternative racial traits" in the fourth question.

But if you mean the existing alt racial traits, I don't think there is an easy way, but the brute force preclude way should always get rid of them.

The secondary tables for racial traits are shown or hidden as appropriate for each race, although I don't know the exact mechanism without checking it out further. I would suggest trying adding various races to see which have the additional race-based tables appear and then see if any tags on them correspond to the tables that appear, and if any of the fields correspond to the names of the tables. It could also be that they just don't show up if there aren't any possible options to choose.

I would suggest checking out the Aasimar race if you have the Player Companion package license that includes the Blood of Angels book, because it adds a Heritage Table with options for different types of aasimar (which have different ability score modifiers, abilities, etc), since you would be able to look at how those are implemented in the editor.
ploturo is offline   #2 Reply With Quote