View Single Post
MaxSupernova

Old April 17th, 2014, 02:49 PM
Okay, so here's the deal. I ranted in a thread earlier today about something in the program that frustrates me. A lot. I wasn't very nice.

I was reached out to by another RW employee who asked me to send her any other concerns that I had.

I started writing about my frustrations, and I started talking about how I'm cheesed off at the lack of core functionality that the program has when it's being sold, and blah de blah de blah. I got going really good. It was a real barn-burner of a note.

I started to list the core functionality that isn't working that I think should be.

And that's when I realized that every single thing that I was listing as nonfunctional or broken was pretty darned minor. There are some interface issues. There are some bugs that I find frustrating. There are some bugs that are really minor but bother me anyway.

But that's it. I opened up my realm and looked around for some deal-breaking core functionality that's not there or isn't working right (bugs aside). I couldn't find any. When I started making my list, there was nothing at all important on it.

I had let the trees of minor bugs and usability issues get in the way of the forest of a good set of features in a good program. I realized how much I have entered into the program and how useful it's been already.

I thought to myself "Wow. This thing is pretty darned good!"

So, I apologize to everyone here in the forum for the not-so-nice scene I caused.

I apologize specifically to Rob for tearing his head off when I was actually frustrated at a lot of other things. Thank you for trying to help so often.

I apologize to the RW coding and design team for implying (implying? heck, I flat out stated) that planning and design wasn't done properly. That must have been terrible to hear after the work you've put in.

I was a dick. Once I stepped back and really took a good hard look, I realized I don't have too much to complain about at all. My frustration with some small parts is a real insight into what does work. If those things are all I have to complain about, that's really good, because I'm a picky guy.

So, kudos to the RW team for creating a product that even I have a hard time bitching about. That's a good sign.
MaxSupernova is offline   #1 Reply With Quote