View Single Post
Unseelie

Old November 6th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
And you've hit on the reason for this - piracy - if they're not locked down, someone could go through an entire package, quickly copying everything, and give it to others who hadn't purchased that package.
No, I get why. I'm pointing out how this piracy protection is seriously inconveniencing your paying customers as well. It's why I asked how much more someone would hypothetically need to pay to grant a 'campaign license.'

In addition to my copy of HL, plus extra machine licenses and all of the data files I bought five copies of Hero Lab for my players, which ended up being a waste of money because I still have to maintain all of their characters. This makes me less likely to a) use future Paizo PF products because it just compounds the issue, and b) makes it less likely that I will buy new data packages from Lone Wolf.

Assuming my group still wants to play Pathfinder when this Adventure Path is finished, my next game will be core only. No exceptions. Any exception whatsoever creates more work for me. I'd love to have some sort of an alternative.
Unseelie is offline   #5 Reply With Quote