View Single Post
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 12th, 2020, 11:04 PM
Well, the thing is... I go through the exact same steps and it does not duplicate for me here. I tried three times. I also opened that Test.por and I can't make the arcane powers disappear. The reason I have not addressed it is because I have not been able to duplicate the problem, and I tried to when this was reported before. And I will keep trying.

One issue Hero Lab can have is that it is open-ended and flexible. As such it is susceptible to issues related to outside modifications. And my Setting files are as guilty of this as anyone's. But that is the first place I look when I run into issues relating to differences between installations.

Now, one thing I see that is different between our systems is that I do not have the Achtung! Cthulhu setting loaded. Do me a favor and remove/rename the files associated with that Setting and see if the problem persists. You can always put them back/re-download them later. (If this is a concern, renaming by changing the .user file to something like .usex temporarily might be preferable, and don't forget any .1st files also.)

But tell me - if you re-open that test file right now, and enable any of the Setting Rules, do the powers still disappear from the selection list on you? I opened here and it seems to work fine. Argh! I wish this would break for me so I can fix it!

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #434 Reply With Quote