Thread: any updates?
View Single Post
wurzel

Old September 5th, 2019, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidhc O Casain View Post

Now, I may be in the minority, but I would not be happy if I were asked to pay for updates.

First, I'm a LONG time LoneWolf customer and paying for product updates is not the expectation that's been set by them. I shell out $$ for additional content to HLC for the game systems I use, and I expect I'll do so for HLO as well once that product has the functionality I need. But throughout our relationship, LWD has not charged for product updates, and for them to start doing so would put me off completely.
It seems possible that LWD has a less-than-optimum business model in place with this strategy. I would completely understand a RW 2.0 upgrade that has to be paid for. It should however be a MAJOR upgrade, not just some bug fixes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidhc O Casain View Post
So in my mind, I've already paid - and paid, and paid - for any major upgrades far into the future.
I don't think so. You simply don't know what a major upgrade could look like. There are so many possible improvements that would require a costly partial re-development that it could really make sense to have to pay for them. The business model for that, however, absolutely depends on the number of possible customers.

DM: Tol'Uluk - game system independent homebrew world (so far AD&D 2, D&D3.5, Fate, Pathfinder, D&D5)
Tools: RW, CC3+, CD3, DD3, HL
RL: Retired senior IT manager. Now just housewife, grandma and fantasy author.
wurzel is offline   #9 Reply With Quote