View Single Post
Eilserves

Old April 3rd, 2024, 12:27 PM
I'm working on a Pathfinder conversion for the 3.5 Dread Necromancer for my home game, with base work started from the 3.5 version out of the community created files there, and converting syntax to Pathfinder. I have run into an issue with Advanced Learning. I've searched the forums, and have not turned up any success. I've looked into a similar ability, the Magus Arcana of Spell Blending, and have tweaked the scripts, however, I have two issues:

1) Not sure how to adjust this code to restrict things to Necromancy.
Code:
field[usrCandid1].text = "component.BaseSpell & (sClass.cHelpWiz | sClass.cHelpClr) & !sClass.cHelpDrN & (val:sLevel.? <= " & linkage[table].field[cMaxSpLev].value & ")"
2) Even without the Necromancy restriction this should only pull Wizard/Cleric Spells, but instead generates a list of pretty much everything and then returns this error when any selection is made:
Quote:
Syntax Error in dynamic 'candidate' tag expression.
---
Link picks 'table' not located for current context
Here are the two scripts taken from Spell Blending and tweaked:
Code:
Post-Attributes / 30000 / 1

~ generate the expression saying what spells we're able to search for
      ~ we're looking for spells that are wizard or cleric spells but not dread necromancer spells and are of a level we can cast
      field[usrCandid1].text = "component.BaseSpell & (sClass.cHelpWiz | sClass.cHelpClr) & !sClass.cDreadNecr & (val:sLevel.? <= " & linkage[table].field[cMaxSpLev].value & ")"
      field[livename].text = "(Advanced Learning)"
Code:
Post-Levels / 5000 / 1

~ If we're disabled, do nothing
      doneif (tagis[Helper.SpcDisable] <> 0)

~ if we've chosen something, add that spell to the spells we're allowed to
      ~ choose for our spellbook.
      if (field[usrChosen1].ischosen <> 0) then
        perform field[usrChosen1].chosen.pulltags[ClsAllowSp.?]
        perform linkage[table].pushtags[ClsAllowSp.?]
        endif
I'm pretty sure it's the "linkage[table]" in the two scripts but I'm not sure what I'm missing there. - I set the tags like Spell Blending (where applicable) including this tag:
Code:
ChooseSrc1 - Thing
Which turned on the "Restrict First List from" and set it to "All things" Which matches what I can see on Spell Blending.

Obviously I'm missing something, but not sure what, and hoping for some guidance.

I also suspect I may need to change that second script as this class is spontaneous and adds to "Spells known" instead of spells allowed, but not sure if that's required.

Thanks for any assistance anyone can provide.

IF it makes any difference, this ability is a "Class Special" and not "Custom Ability" but since it's not an ability choice, just an ability with a choice, that seemed like the right location.

Last edited by Eilserves; April 3rd, 2024 at 12:51 PM.
Eilserves is offline   #1 Reply With Quote