View Single Post
tjzeeman

Old December 9th, 2022, 12:49 PM
I've been running this update for some time now and it did fix several glitches I encountered on Mac OS 12.x, including unreadable buttons on dialogs.

However, it does seem this new release introduced a more serious issue as well. On occasion, when I try to save my portfolio, I get a dialog saying I cannot save it because the file is marked as read-only. On OS level that's not true, so it must be something in Hero Lab itself.

The current workaround is to 'save as', then at a later moment use 'open' to get back to the file again.

And for those paying attention. If I would have used 'recent' to reopen that newly saved file I would be greeted by yet another error saying that it cannot find the game system files for the character in the portfolio.

For completeness sake, this is with a character for Shadowrun 5. Not sure if other game systems fare similar fates. And it's also not happening at all attempts to save the portfolio, but enough to have become a nuisance and it did cause me to lose some data when I was still figuring out how to work around this.

I also thought this was a thing of my setup where I would save the data in an iCloud folder, but today I heard from one of my party members that he's experiencing the exact same issue and another one also knew about it and the workaround. All working in IT in some capacity so we're used to working around issues and stuff, but it would still be nice if these issues could be fixed as well.
tjzeeman is offline   #50 Reply With Quote