View Single Post
Dami

Old November 24th, 2021, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
But they are just implementing the policy given in their forum rules...
Well.. in that their rules allow them to modify, or delete content on the forums. There's nothing in those Rules that specifically disallow links to third-party sites. (I don't think there was evidence that the poster of the deleted post owned or ran the linked site.)
They haven't deleted the post that gives a link to Pathfinder Nexus. They were certainly aware of that thread since it prompted a "we aren't going out of business" post. Maybe competitors that have a license from Paizo are okay to post links to. Will they disallow links to VTT's, because you can create characters in those too?

Lone Wolf's responses (to almost any thread/post/question, when they actually do respond) certainly aren't of the quality/value or breadth that they used to be. With the exception of Mathias still assisting in the HLC forum, I really feel that we get almost nothing from LW except advertising of "new" packages.

I'm not giving up on them yet, but I never invested in HLO (and won't) and rarely used HLC at my game sessions in the past, so I'm NOT in the position a lot of other people are. Classic still covers all my game prep. If they don't improve their communication though, I may give up on the forums, and then the only time I'll bother with them is if I need early license re-assignment.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.

Last edited by Dami; November 24th, 2021 at 10:04 PM.
Dami is offline   #35 Reply With Quote