View Single Post
Farling

Old September 3rd, 2021, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aril View Post
OK, it appears that it's just one .por record that was the problem.

I've just been successfully able to upload two.

I've found some little glitches. Like.....the character's weapon attacks are missing.

And the character has bonuses from feats and such that don't end up getting added. Some of these feats are ones from supplements I needed to code into Hero Lab manually.

Would I be correct to assume that the reason those bonuses don't appear is that if I added something manually to Hero Lab, when I import the record into Foundry, that "thing" is only recognized and dealt with appropriately if someone has already added that feat/ability/racial trait to Foundry. And since they haven't, I just get the text explaining what it does (since Hero Lab has that), but it's not adding the bonuses?
You would be correct. The behaviour of the thing is not stored in the .por file, so you would have to also create the thing separately in Foundry VTT with the correct rules.

With Foundry VTT, when I manually drag a weapon from the compendium onto a character sheet it does not add the attacks to the Combat tab. Oh... it appears that a player has to do the following:
1 - click on the Edit button of the weapon in the Inventory tab.
2 - click on the Details tab of the opened item window.
3 - click on the "Create Attack" button.
Only after these 3 actions are performed will an entry appear in the Combat tab of the character sheet.
This looks like the PF1 system authors aren't automating this, unlike most other game systems.

I have a solution that I'm testing for this.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal

Last edited by Farling; September 3rd, 2021 at 04:30 PM.
Farling is offline   #6 Reply With Quote