View Single Post
disqman

Old October 2nd, 2014, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiaasen View Post
Here is my ideal scenario for starting a new campaign: Use Hero Lab to generate PCs and NPCs quickly. Use Realm Works to import character data from HL files quickly. To me, this would mean individuals in the People Group in left-hand navigation would already be created with as many snippets as possible already filled in and Tags already generated. I would then use Realm Works to create the world and drop the characters into it. As I am a Pathfinder user, I would also be excited to see content supplements for Adventure Paths to fill in the rest of the content (Places, Events, etc.) in Realm Works in the same way that I can purchase supplements in Hero Lab for character details from core books.
I am in complete agreement with Hiaasen here. I get it that RW is still really in its 1st Gen form, but after the players' edition gets released, I'd really like to see LWD go back and "fix" this piece (even though I thought for sure it would have been there from from the beginning).

Not only would tighter integration make it easier to populate our realms, but it seems to me that it would also do a good job of driving people to purchase Hero Lab if they knew they could "drag-n-drop" their HL portfolios into RW and have them appear in RW's native format.
disqman is offline   #7 Reply With Quote