Thread: Calendar
View Single Post
Zanth

Old November 4th, 2015, 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
Hadn't heard of TheBrain, looks interesting. I used XMind for mind mapping and Evernote for organizing and collecting notes, clippings, articles, etc.
TheBrain can replace the two with ease. If one so chose, TheBrain can either index or import full folders of any type of data. This can be synchronized if one signs up for their online service. I do a lot of work outside my home, so I either need to do this on a laptop or a tablet. The sync simplifies things. The free version can still replace much of the two but the clippings would be absent. Everything else listed works and is part of the free version (which does sync too, but not the documents.)

Quote:
Same here. Originally I was thinking of setting up my own wiki or document-management system (like Drupal or Joomla). Then I found RW.
I started to do exactly this. I have the wiki running and then I started to think about populating that thing. Ugh... again, so much replication in work. If RW can present what I need to, to my players AND it goes in once... jackpot on time saving!

Quote:
In my campaign, I've not had to worry about the date-range limitation. I wonder if this limitation could be removed without a complete overhaul of the calendar. Keep the Gregorian for now, but allow dates to go at least billions of years into the past and future.
I could live with this. Because my game takes place on earth, even if the months are a bit shorter and the days can be a bit longer, I wouldn't worry so long as I could map my sessions to a given range that at least takes place in the proper year. Later on I could swap the names of the months. So if anyone is reading, please expand the min and max year from 20000 to something in the 10-12 digits please.

Quote:
It is still a priority and has always been considered an important feature. It is just that the survey of users and potential buyers, as well as business considerations, has prioritized the Content Market and player journals.
Stupid democratic user surveys - Damn you people who hold interests and opinions that are not my own!

Quote:
<...>but developer time is a limited resource, especially in a company the size of LWD. It will all be there eventually, but none of it will be available until after the huge task of getting the CM and Web version are released. The recent upgrades were a big step in this direction.
I understand the limitations. Sucks that the developers aren't robots or 5 year old Chinese sweat shop slaves, but I agree with the recent upgrades, nice improvements just from the version I installed in August.
Zanth is offline   #263 Reply With Quote