Thread: Calendar
View Single Post
Chemlak

Old August 21st, 2013, 03:58 AM
A couple of points before I start:

Firstly, I'm well aware that a custom calendar function exists in the development team, but we've been told it's clunky and inefficient, and a pain to use, and they want to make it better before releasing it.

Secondly, rob has said that there are advantages to feature requests being repeated, so that they can get an idea of priorities for things on the to-do list.

So, taking those points together, I've started this thread so that people can chime in with thoughts, or just "+1" the thread to help with that goal.

Custom calendars are, to me, vital for full management capabilities in my games: every now and then I might run a game set on Earth and use the Gregorian Calendar, but most of my games are Pathfinder and set in the Forgotten Realms, using the Calendar of Harptos, and figuring out dates is pretty non-intuitive, even after 20+ years.

Having moved significant chunks of my campaign into RW (including the entirety of my current adventure), the one thing holding me back from abandoning my OneNote files is the current inability to flesh out my campaign timeline.

I need this.

Gimme!

Chemlak is offline   #1 Reply With Quote