View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 5th, 2018, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatpuppet View Post
Small question: once I made my homebrew race how do I turn it into a «*monster file*» ?
You save it in a .por file. Name it something like Base XXXXXX and then you open the .por file in the future or import from it to start any new race files. For all purposes HL treats the monster file as any other character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatpuppet View Post
Another question: is there a way to know what adjustments and upgrades are included in the Add-ons we buy? I know about the feats, the classes and all the things related to character creation. But what about those special rules like say «*Spell attack roll*» from PU or «*Wounds & Vigor*» from UC, how does HL apply those during play?

If I click on details, I don’t get much details at all. Take «*Called shots*» for example : «*Enable the Called Shot rules from Pathfinder Roleplaying Ultimate Combat book*» OK sure… but what does that entail? I would initially think I get everything associated with the alternate rule, but how can I find out? By messing around with HL? By clicking every tab (feats conditions, etc.) and searching for a «*Called shot*» adjustment? Is there a Help or Read Me file I am missing?
Answer to all of this is you buy the license/package and try it out. If it does not have everything you want you ask for your money back. At least when you get to a book like Unchained. Other option is to see if anyone specifically used these subsystems and they speak up.

I have played around with Wounds and Vigor from UC so I know that works. I don't recall anything about Spell Attacks (maybe others have). Same for called shots don't recall what is or is not in HL for that.

Best way really is to try it out and see if it does everything you need. Sorry have no better answer...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote