View Single Post
alientude

Old May 5th, 2021, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel V View Post
Not really trying to discourage, but it is a better process to make sure we get them logged for fixing. Ryan is sometimes able to help with matters before even recording them for us, and is aware if he's already gotten similar reports. Nothing wrong with asking questions here, we just want to be sure they are also officially logged. I'm usually pretty happy to give some feedback if it's something I handle and an odd matter, but oftentimes they're just things we have to look into.
I totally get that it's a better process, both for Lone Wolf and the user (since the bug report will be tracked through whatever system you use). I don't think that invalidates my impression, but again, this is just my opinion.

Let me see if I can be a little more clear on why I get the feeling Lone Wolf is discouraging people from using these forums:
  • LW staff used to be very active here, but recently, just about the only posts we see from them is the requests to use the in-app bug report feature.
  • There's a lot of posts from paying customers asking for updates to content, updates to features, or even begging for more ways to give LW money. These posts are seemingly ignored.
  • Updates to HLO are no longer posted on the forums.
  • The recent issues with the forums being down. The first time they came back up, LW posted about it. Since then, the forums just kind of silently started working again and there was no acknowledgement of the downtime or anything.

There's probably some other reasons that I can't remember right now. To be clear, I'm not accusing LW of any kind of malfeasance or anything. It just feels to me like these forums are no longer in favor and LW would rather people not use them.

Last edited by alientude; May 5th, 2021 at 10:01 AM.
alientude is offline   #14 Reply With Quote