Thread: Crippleware
View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 2nd, 2009, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperion View Post
Like when you test drive a car?
*Every* time that I have taken a new car for a test-drive, I have had a salesman in the passenger seat with me. As part of the test-drive, I was allowed to drive the car only a few miles, under reasonably controlled conditions. I was *not* allowed to see how it handles at high speeds, nor was I allowed to do anything special to really push the car and discover how it performs. Based on that limited amount of exposure to the vehicle, I was expected to make a buy/no-buy decision.

Now, it's distinctly possible that you live in an area where car dealers are much more lax about their rules for test-driving vehicles. Maybe they just hand you the keys for a day or so and let you do whatever you want with the car. However, I based my analogy to test-driving a car on my personal experience with the process. What we provide in the demo version of AB is very similar to my experience in test-driving cars.

At this point, this topic is merely becoming a difference of opinion, with there really being nothing useful left to say. So I'm going to close this thread. We'll simply have to agree to disagree on how much capability should be included in the demo version of AB. It works for the vast majority of our potential customer base, and there's no way we'll ever be able to make everybody happy, so I'm happy with what we've got.
rob is offline   #15