Thread: Community Files
View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 30th, 2016, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
I'm a little disheartened to learn that it may not be possible for some feats to be coded in. I don't know enough about the program yet to even fully understand what he is talking about.
I believe that the concerns about being unable to implement certain feats, or any other aspects of the 5E rules, are based upon incorrect assumptions. As I outlined in my second point above, mechanics are not protected by copyright. This means that, even if users discovered a limitation where capability X could not be implemented in the current 5E files, we could safely add the underlying mechanics for that general capability. Then users could add the specific details.

We've already done that in places with the Pathfinder data files, making it possible for some 3PPs to incorporate their custom mechanics via simply the editor. We could do the same for the 5E files, and I expect we will to support various 3PPs with their 5E supplements. If there's something we've overlooked within the current 5E rules, or something is introduced in a new supplement from Wizards, we can add the framework logic so the editor can be readily leveraged by users.

Thanks, Rob
rob is offline   #16 Reply With Quote