View Single Post
arobertharrison

Old January 23rd, 2021, 05:24 PM
I didn't notice this until my players pointed it out and I'm seeking some clarification. I've already made a ruling for my game but I thought it worth bringing up.

I also wasn't sure this qualified as an actual bug since I believe it to be more a typo.

The benefit of the feat reads:
Quote:
Choose one kinetic damage type (bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing) or one energy type (acid, cold, electricity, fire, or sonic). If you choose a kinetic damage, you ignore damage of that type equal to your base attack bonus; this doesn’t stack with DR. If you choose an energy type, you gain energy resistance against that type of energy equal to your base attack bonus.
I decided to use the wording as written above rather than the wording used in the "Added Abilities" section (emphasis added):
Quote:
Damage Reduction, Bludgeoning: You have Damage Reduction against all except Bludgeoning attacks.

Damage Reduction, Piercing: You have Damage Reduction against all except Piercing attacks.

Damage Reduction, Slashing: You have Damage Reduction against all except Slashing attacks.
The problem the players have is this wording indicates that they become weak to a particular kinetic damage type rather than resistant to it as the benefit says.
arobertharrison is offline   #1 Reply With Quote