View Single Post
draco963

Old February 1st, 2020, 07:16 PM
Alright, I got another one. Yeesh.

I'm trying to make the Sphere Cleric (found somewhere in the reddit D&D forums). Essentially, a 3.5 cleric, but has a different spell organization setup and can "channel energy," which does exactly what it sounds like.

So far, I've figured out the basics of the class, and am building the domains as I need them. But, the issue is trying to bootstrap a Class Special thing (Channel Energy) onto a Cleric Domain thing. HeroLab doesn't like that...

So, the build of Channel Energy is mostly text flavouring, but it has a #/day of usages that is influenced by the hero's Wisdom modifier, so it has this script running on it at Post-attributes 10000:

Code:
var bonus as number
bonus = hero.child[aWIS].field[aModBonus].value

field[hTotal].value += bonus
Also, it's Source is the Sphere Cleric class I built, and it's flagged "yes" for Lost if Ex-Member?

Now, when Channel Energy is bootstrapped onto the Class it works just fine. But if I bootstrap it onto one of the Domains, I get this error:

Quote:
Attempt to access field 'cTotalLev' that does not exist for thing 'cdSphereEarthMj'
Location: 'field calculate' script for Field 'xTotalLev' near line 10
- - -
Attempt to access field 'cExMember' that does not exist for thing 'cdSphereEarthMj'
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseClSpec' (Eval Script '#1') near line 24
If I'm reading the error correctly, it looks like Channel Energy is trying, and failing, to find things related to the fact its Source is defined as my Sphere Cleric class. But I don't know how to make a bootstrap load its dependancies properly.

Does anyone know what to do here? I'm wondering if I need to use Gizmo or something....
draco963 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote