View Single Post
Ualaa

Old September 29th, 2019, 04:14 PM
RW has the option of storing a HL portfolio within the RW database. You can click the link from within RW and view the portfolio while still within RW.

If you have an active HL portfolio open, the second box has the option of adding whatever is linked in the RW-HL portfolio to the open HL portfolio with a dialogue box very similar to when you import creatures from another portfolio into the already open HL portfolio.

I can create a character with the 32-bit or the 64-bit HL executable and save them fine. I can open them with the other version without issue.

HL sometimes crashes on me, when I have seven player characters in one portfolio plus say a couple mounts, eidolons or Conjuration companions.
And I've integrated one each of the four types of mobs that are part of the encounter.
That might be 15 things open in the same portfolio.

When the players have defeated whatever, I have the option of taking loot from the defeated creatures and transferring to another creature in the portfolio.
Sometimes HL crashes when transferring items.
Other times it doesn't.
I transfer one item and then save.
And then another and save.

The other time it frequently crashes is once the transfers are done and I take the active portfolio (that the characters are all saved into) and have it delete all of the hostiles.
That could the same as just delete multiple creatures, and pick the ones that aren't necessary any longer.
It seems as likely as deleting just one and then another.

I'm pretty much in the habit of a quick Control S, anytime I do just about anything.

The 64-bit version, with a lot more memory, doesn't crash at all.
It's awesome, even for larger portfolios with the characters and the pets, and maybe the characters are gestalt and mythic.
But it won't integrate with my RW portfolios...
Ualaa is offline   #5 Reply With Quote