View Single Post
Farling

Old May 6th, 2021, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merion View Post
The big question is: is there an importer for RW in World Anvil?

Because if I can't automate that to at least some extent, I'm not using the tool. Right now I'm toying with the idea of just shoving everything into Foundry VTT. I'd lose some functionality like plots, relationships and my hirarchical order, but it might be worth a try.
Foundry has an open API and is written in Javascript while Realm Works allows a XML output. It should be possible to write an RWImport module for Foundry without 'too' much effort - take content from certain tags and put it into certain js object properties - but I've been using Foundry for a week now, so me writing a module for it is nothing that will happen short term. Mid-term I might think about it if no one else is doing it.
At a very early stage for getting your requested RWoutput details into Foundry for running online. This is a module that runs inside Foundry and requires you to copy and paste the RWoutput file into a window, so not the perfect solution yet for big files:

https://github.com/farling42/fvtt-im...ad/module.json

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #106 Reply With Quote