View Single Post
Decim8or

Old September 23rd, 2017, 09:37 AM
Hello everyone!

I've been using Hero Lab for a little over 2 years now, and I have to say it's been a game changing experience for me. Playing the high end characters with crazy amounts of variables has been a breeze since I started using it. Thank you so much for this!

I attended Gen Con 50 and won something from the Paizo booth that immediately grabbed my attention as rare and amazing. I got a copy of the Vampire Hunter D flat book that I now understand is an extremely rare find, due to a fall-through in licencing. It contains some awesome looking information, including a Vampire Hunter class and all the special powers and fixings..... *drool*

So, I thought I would attempt to use the Editor to add this information into my Hero Lab for future home game sessions. I'm no programmer by any means, but I love to figure out how things work and try to replicate them. I've managed to set up the initial structure for the class, got a few special abilities in, and figured out how to set up the spell acquisition and progression.

I'm now getting into the material that seems quite a bit more challenging (again, I've got NO programming experience) where I need things to happen when certain levels are attained and trying to discover if there is already an ability in Hero Lab that matches what I want to do is becoming a bit of a headache. I'm going to start by watching the YouTube tutorials, and hopefully learn from all of your shared knowledge here in the forums and with any luck, come this time next year I'll have everything ready to go for my friends' home campaign where he is expecting me to be playing this class.

Wish me luck!
Decim8or is offline   #1 Reply With Quote