View Single Post
Dark Lord Galen

Old March 5th, 2017, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
Here's one I've been considering for a while, there is a wealth of amazing photographs available now. I've been using them when I thought they were appropriate, particularly for buildings and landscapes. I still wind up using a lot of fantasy art for NPC's.

I don't always get a great reaction from my players when I display a photo. Has anyone else used photos and what was their player's reaction to them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
I use alot of pictures. My player's have come to expect it. I generally use art (not photos) though of mainly monsters and npcs. My player's really appreciate this and will prompt me if I don't put something up, especially if it's something they have not encountered before.
Have to agree with Kbs666Daplunk... my players have come to expect it.. we utilize pictures for LOTS of things..
Monsters obviously...
magic items (rings, charms, etc are easy to find in bulk in advertisements such as jewelry stores)
NPCs (Utilizing DAZ I have a nearly endless supply)
Landscapes (utilizing Bryce, and other software)
Flora and Fauna is easily googled to discern tree/ plant types and with alittle creative "photoshoping I can turn a birch tree into a "Bronzewood Dale" by just changing the gamma.

Not to mention we use pictures as hints of past, present, and future in game events and People / Places / Things that they have created an acronym of sorts called PHoTips (Photograph Tips). Correctly identified PhoTips earn "Gamer points" paid in a "currency" that they can "purchase" re-rolls or mundane items. I do this monthly (first game of the new month). Whatever goes unsolved gets archived...with the possibility of that returning somewhere in the future.

As they say.. sometimes a "picture says a thousand words"
DLG
Attached Images
File Type: jpg th (1).jpg (10.9 KB, 80 views)
File Type: png GamerMoney.png (157.4 KB, 81 views)
File Type: png PhoTipPlaces.png (244.8 KB, 79 views)

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #6 Reply With Quote