View Single Post
Goneril

Old January 13th, 2012, 12:14 PM
I bought Hero Lab last night for Pathfinder, and I'm loving it. So glad there's a port being done for me and my fellow Mac users.

I have noticed some oddities, though. My Pathfinder player character is a level 4 Aasimar Half-Celestial Bard. I'm the DM, and we needed a fifth PC; there's a reason she's named Mary-Sue....

When I go to print or preview her, the racial spells from Aasimar and Half-Celestial do not appear with either the spell full description list or the spell summary list. It'd be nice to have them there along with all her bardy spells. They do appear on the character sheet as "spell-like abilities". However, on the character sheet, all the Half-Celestial spell-like abilities appear including the ones for levels 5 and above (including resurrection, summon monster IX, etc.).

One last Half-Celestial quirk. They get +4 to three ability scores and +2 to the other three. It's not intuitive, though. The racial, template, and faction ability tab has three drop-downs for +2 to ability scores. I was assuming that the three unselected would be the +4; that is, that you pick which three skills get +2. It's the other way around; all abilities get +2 for a Half-Celestial, and the ones you add +2 to the scores to are actually the +4 ones. I figured it out, but it seems backwards to me.

Thank you for all the hard work on the Mac port!

(I posted this in the Mac version status thread, too, http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...t=14278&page=9. I wasn't sure which was the best place for it. Apologies if one's in the wrong spot.)
Goneril is offline   #203