View Single Post
MNBlockHead

Old September 10th, 2017, 05:49 PM
I don't' see how LWD makes enough money to give me what I want without some monthly subscription fee. Personally, I like what DnD Beyond is trying to do in terms of pricing. You can buy content like a core book, an adventure path, are just the race/class packs that you are actually going to use. That content is then yours. It is a one-time fee.

The subscription is not necessary for most players if they don't mind some advertising on the page. But if you want to make unlimited characters, if you are a DM and want to share your content with your players and have access to their character sheets, you need a subscription.

Other things that would make a subscription more palatable would be premium support and integrations with third-party platforms like VTTs.

I don't know if I'll subscribe to HLO or not. I'll have to wait to see the cost and what it offers. I don't see myself playing Starfinder and from what I've read, HLO is only going to integrate with RW via a URL link, so I don't see anything yet that will entice me away from what I'm already doing.

But Starfinder is very popular and slick online tools for players and GMs of that system could bring LWD a lot of new customers. If they can't support the development of Starfinder for both HLC and HLO, which Rob clearly stated that they can not, then the decision to push HLO is likely the right strategy and will be a net gain. Besides, if the community really wants Startfinder support in HLC, then they can build it, just like they did with D&D 5e.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #9 Reply With Quote