View Single Post
Farling

Old August 19th, 2021, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaX View Post
Whatever the reason for any company to not facilitate the importing of files to their platform, the fear of violating copyright law (by the user, not the platform that interpenetrated it) is far from being the main culprit for the exclusion. One could surmise that the file itself is using propitiatory means to gather the character info and use it in the HLC product, though Lonewolf has given their graces to allow table top platforms to relay that info for character use on the sites.
I have been speaking to Kandashi and Anathema on the Foundry Discord.

They have both specifically mentioned that HLC is well known for allowing copyright material to be used without purchasing it - Anathema even said that it is very easy to find these files with a simple google search (I couldn't find any). Thus they don't want to list any modules which interact directly with HLC files.

Anathema who has the role of "Project Coordinator - Foundry Virtual Tabletop" said "If I recall at the time of investigation it was possible to wholesale acquire databases of copyright infringing material for a variety of publisher content for HL Classic with very simple Google searches"

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal

Last edited by Farling; August 19th, 2021 at 02:05 AM.
Farling is offline   #10 Reply With Quote