View Single Post
EightBitz

Old January 26th, 2017, 11:36 PM
I'm glad your original bug is gone. If I had to guess, I would attribute that to the way I was originally using github. I was copying and pasting the script into gists instead of uploading files, and I think it was changing some character encoding.

The reason I'm guessing this is what happened is that I could never reproduce your original error, even with the exact same rwoutput file that you were using.

In regards to preserving the original formatting, what script strips out is the font type, size, and colors (font color and background color). It makes complete sense to me that using this options preserves your Star Wars dice characters.

In regards to tables and lists, there could be a few different things going on here. I've noticed that between IE, Chrome and Firefox, there are notable differences between how tables are displayed. IE doesn't seem to indent tables at all (at least with my script's output) where as Firefox does. I forget what the quirks were with Chrome.

I should have mentioned this in the release notes. But again, that's just one possibility. The only formatting I strip from tables is what I've mentioned above, and if you preserve formatting, I don't even strip that.

My understanding is that inline formatting overrides external CSS files, so if you preserve formatting, the table formatting in the CSS file should have ... no ... effect? (Famous last words, right?)

I'm no expert here. I'm still learning. So don't take that as an authoritative statement (hence the question marks).

The lists are what have me most confused, at least in the aspect that lists are much simpler than tables, so their behavior should be more straightforward.

That being said, I did change the way I was managing indents, because the old way I was doing it was causing a conflict with existing inline formatting. It seemed to work OK, but I could have missed something. Or, again, it could come down to browser interpretation.

What I would suggest is that you export at least this one topic, if not two or three that are having the same issues, and I'll see what I can figure out. Also, send the me the specific command line that you're using (this can be copied and pasted from the GUI), the HTML output you're getting, which browser you're using, and screenshots of how your browser is rendering the output.
EightBitz is offline   #73 Reply With Quote