View Single Post
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 22nd, 2021, 05:38 PM
It is not locked away. Players are completely free to use the Editor. Please pardon me if I gave you that impression.

Designing Races is by far most often the purview of the GM. There are very few games where players get to design their own Races. That being said, it's still something that's touched once at the start of the game and never used again. So having an active tab for it would mostly be a waste of space during a campaign. Races are rarely edited once a game starts. That's the reason it's in the Editor and not on the active tabs, not to hide it or make it unavailable.

The players are more than welcome to play around in the Editor all they want. There is nothing at all stopping them. The trick is coordinating it if someone edits their copy of the user file, it will then be different from all the other players. The Setting itself is rarely modified by the players. It works best if everyone is using the same file. If a player wants to add something, they can always create a separate user file that they can send out to the other players, thus not editing your original Setting file.

I said in my previous post that there was nothing stopping the players from using the Editor, I hope I've made it clearer.

Now, building Races can get interesting if it needs a new Racial Property that's not already covered, because that will need to be entered as well and then added to the Race with a bootstrap. And we can help you with that.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #210 Reply With Quote