View Single Post
Sendric

Old June 1st, 2017, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by draco963 View Post
...but, when I tested it, HL threw me this error:
"Condition phase/priority (First/10000) for bootstrap thing 'iFrost' occurs after earliest rule/script (First/5000)"

The error goes away if I set the conditional on the bootstrap to run at First/4999, but that's the dumb solution; I should understand why it was necessary...
Some script behind the scenes is running at First/5000 when the Frost Item Power is added to a weapon. Unfortunately, I have no insight into what that script is. Regardless, your solution isn't dumb..it's correct. If your conditional takes place after the item your bootstrapping is already supposed to have done something, HL won't let you do it. I run into this all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draco963 View Post
Also, bootstrapping on iFrost didn't have the desired effect anyhow. In fact, I'm not sure the desired effect is even possible... What I'd like is for the damage listing of the weapon on the printed character sheet to say "1d6+1, +1d6 frost". So far, the closest I've seen in mucking about with the custom weapons in HL proper (as opposed to the Editor), is that a weapon with the Frost or Fire (or any other elemental) effect will simply say "+1 Longsword, Frost" in its title, but not list the on-hit damage added by the elemental effect in the body of info listing the damage the weapon can do...

So, do (either of) you know if it's possible to get the elemental damage listed as a dice amount in the body of text describing the weapon's damage (eg, "1d6+1, +1d6 Frost"), or is the best I can hope for "Frostbourn's Wrath, Frost"?

Thanks!!
Currently, the d20 system doesn't have the functionality you are looking for. There is a way to put +1d6 Frost in the weapon's damage, but it is limited. You can use the field wFixDamage, which is a text field so you can enter whatever you want.

However, I only recommend using this technique if the damage dice is never going to change. For example, if you set this field to "1d6+1, +1d6 Frost" and your character becomes the recipient of a "Bull's Strength" or "Enlarge Person" spell, the damage will still read "1d6+1, +1d6 Frost". I have not figured out how to pull the weapon damage and put it into wFixDamage to make this method more versatile.

Have hope, though. I'm certain this is something that Shadow intends to implement in the future.

For the record, you can modify this field thusly:

Code:
field[wFixDamage].text = "1d6+1, +1d6 Frost"
Sendric is offline   #9 Reply With Quote