Thread: Psionics
View Single Post
Hansmo

Old August 7th, 2016, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergon View Post
Personally, I find the Wizard lacklust at higher levels. I have always loved the wizard in all versions of D&D except 4th ed. They took too much away for the ability to have a spell book. Between Concentration, lack of rituals, badly designed spells, lack of casting ability at 6th level and higher, I find the wizard as boring to play as a 4th ed wizard.
I wholeheartedly agree with you about the wizard in 5th Edition. I never played 4e. But the compounded result of restricting your ability to have multiple buffs up with concentration, drastically reducing your overall number of spells you can cast per day, especially higher level spells, and then linking improved effects to expending the already in short supply higher level slots leaves them feeling exceptionally hamstrung to me.

On the upside it is nice to have unlimited attack cantrips. But generally speaking as you get to higher levels you should be able to unleash punishing salvos of actual spells and not rely on cantrips that don't quite match melee attacks of the more physical classes.
Hansmo is offline   #19 Reply With Quote