View Single Post
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 18th, 2016, 11:39 AM
Hi @evdjj3j, we're actually already working on a change to the licensing system that will help users like you on the Windows insider program.

Now to answer some questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evdjj3j View Post
The last two or three times I have updated I've been stuck in demo mode all weekend since they don't do activation on the weekend. I've wasted a lot of money on this software that I wish I could have back for it not to work 50% of the time I need it to.
I looked at our support system, and it looks like the 3 of the 4 license reassignment requests you submitted in the past five months were all submitted on Saturday or Sunday. As we're a small company with only one full-time support staff member, I'd recommend opening up Hero Lab before the weekend. That way if there's a reassignment, we can get you back up and running before your game. Of course, that's not ideal and by no means a long-term solution. But it will help things until the update I mentioned above gets released.

Quote:
The horrible DRM is why I steered someone inquiring about character software to PCGen last week on Facebook. I understand the need for DRM, but it could be a lot better, starting with checking if the software is activated during an update.
I'm sorry to hear that. There are tens of thousands of gamers actively using Hero Lab at their regular gaming sessions every week, and the number of people running into issues like the ones you've encountered are very low. However, given the fact that this has shown up over the past few months on game days, I can understand how this is a big issue for you and your games.

Quote:
It's 10:30 Monday morning and they still have not responded to my request, do they not start working until noon?
Well, I've been working since 8:30 am Pacific. Our one tech support staff member has been replying to users emails, and I'm sure he'll get yours soon.
liz is offline   #5 Reply With Quote