View Single Post
ronlugge

Old February 15th, 2020, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjmarshall View Post
I can customize NPCs for almost anything until it requires custom abilities. You need to create a new PC otherwise your options that I describe below will be severely limited in the permanent abilities modifications. Not sure why, but you have very limited modifications when creating a NPC or Monster. You can select a custom ancestry which will allow custom size, speed, hp, etc... Using permanent adjustments to set final values of stats, and custom weapons to create custom attacks. The only part I get stuck is with custom abities. If you have specific questions for modifying specific things just let me know. It's not the easiest, but it gets me what I need.
Problem is I need to create a *new* NPC, not a customized variant of an existing one.

For example, two weeks ago I need a series of generic NPC thugs in varying flavors -- I quickly named them 'anchor', 'flanker', 'thug', and 'buffer'. My anchor was, basically, a tank: there to take damage and die and buy time for the rest of the enemies to manuever into position 'on screen'. Flankers were rogue types, designed to introduce the importance of feint and harrass with mobility. Thugs were my main damage dealers. And of course, the buffer was a cleric to shed some blessings, magic weapons, and then fleet step the hell out of trouble.

I used the NPC creation rules to come up with this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

I'd _love_ to use the HLO campaign tools to run my fights, they look awesome, and probably better than scratch paper. But if I can't add my custom NPCs to the battle, how am I supposed to run a fight there?
ronlugge is offline   #6 Reply With Quote